Welcome to the Recipe part of Podcast Lost in Space. This week we once again jump back in time to review the infamous meatloaf recipe from Ryan’s early trials.
tsp = teaspoon
Tbsp = Tablespoon
lbs = Pounds
- 1 1/2lbs lean ground beef
- 1 Large Onion – chopped
- 1/4 Cup of Ketchup
- 1/3 cup of Tomato Sauce (Not Spaghetti sauce!) – generally buy sauce in a glass jar so that you can easily reseal it
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 2 eggs, beaten (this means dumped into a bowl and mixed up with a fork)
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs (you can buy from a store. If you forget them crumble up crackers [roughly half a pack of ritz crackers])
- 2 tsp of prepare Mustard
- 2 Tbsp of Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp of Mustard
- 1 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- Meatloaf Pan: It’s also a bread pan but the size is 9-by-5 inch. Make Sure you buy this before hand if you don’t have one.
- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit. If you have a fancy convection oven knock it down to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly saute the Onions (only slightly brown)
- In a large bowl combine ketchup, tomato sauce, salt, eggs, bread crumbs, onions and mustard. Blend all the ingredients together
- Add the ground beef to the bowl as well. Mix it with the rest of the ingredients
- Pour/spread ~2Tbsp of Tomato Sauce onto the bottom of the meatloaf pan
- Add the Beef Mixture into the pan (form it into something that looks like a normal loaf of bread’s top)
- In a small bowl, mix the Glaze/Topping ingredients together
- Spread the glaze over the top of the meatloaf, if you need more glaze maintain the ratio and make more.
- Bake at 400 (or 350) from 35 mins
- Cover the meatloaf with tin foil and bake for another 10 mins or until the juices that bubble up along side run clear.
- Let Rest for a few minutes before eating.
Goes good with Mashed Potatoes.